Savoury crepes are a fantastic dinner solution for the whole family! They provide endless filling possibilities and are incredibly versatile. This delicious filling is a great, unique way to enjoy Clonakilty Blackpudding. A perfect brunch or a delectable dinner, why not give this savoury crepe recipe a try?
Makes approx. 6 crepes
- 1 ring of Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- Apple or tomato relish (optional)
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 250ml-300ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 red onions
- 1 heaped tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large glug of balsamic vinegar
1. Stir the water into the flour and salt until mixed through and put in the fridge for an hour or two, or overnight.
2. Finely slice the onions into rings and cook in a frying pan with some olive oil until soft. Then add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and stir until reduced. Set aside.
3. Slice your Clonakilty Blackpudding and fry in a little oil for a minute on each side.
4. Break up the Blackpudding a little with the back of a wooden spoon so that you have lots of little bits of pudding rather than full discs. Then set aside.
5. Pour a ladle of your crepe batter into a lightly buttered frying pan over a medium to high heat. Fry for a minute on each side and then place onto your plate.
6. Spread a small teaspoon of apple or tomato relish over the crepe if you like.
7. Add a heaped tablespoon of caramelised onions onto the crepe.
8. Break a few pieces of goat's cheese and Blackpudding over the top.
9. Fold in a quarter, or just half if there’s too much filling and eat straight away.
Recipe by Emma Kenneally.