These homemade Clonakilty Sausage rolls are a divine combination of Clonakilty Blackpudding, Whitepudding and Ispíní Sausages all wrapped in a light puff pastry. These juicy treats are not only delicious, but they are also incredibly handy. Although they taste best when freshly baked, they can be frozen and defrosted making your life a lot easier when preparing for events in advance.
- 200g ready-made Jus-Rol puff pastry
- 50g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 50g Clonakilty Whitepudding
- 4 Clonakilty Ispíní Sausages
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Tsp sesame seeds
- Egg white for brushing
1. Remove the skin from the sausages and place in a bowl.
2. Crumble both the black and white pudding into the bowl and sprinkle on a pinch of thyme.
3. Mash the mix up with a fork.
4. Cut the pastry into 6 squares.
5. Place some of the sausage and pudding mix onto each piece of pastry.
6. Roll the pastry over the mix and once complete, press the raw edge together with a fork to seal the pastry.
7. Brush each roll with the egg white and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
8. Place on an oven tray and bake in the centre of the oven at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes.