With just a few simple steps and a handful of delicious ingredients, the Clonakilty Whitepudding and mushroom frittata makes a delicious breakfast, quick lunch, or a light dinner. The beauty of a frittata is that it can be filled with just about anything so why not try adding some asparagus for an extra bite or some finely chopped chilli for a spicy kick.
- 280g Clonakilty Whitepudding (roughly chopped)
- 8 large free range eggs
- 400g mushrooms
- Rapeseed oil
- 50g butter
- 50ml cream
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place the Clonakilty Whitepudding into a 20cm non-stick frying pan with a deep base and cook on a medium heat until warmed through. Remove and set aside for later.
3. Increase the heat on the pan and coat with rapeseed oil. Add the butter and chopped mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside with the Clonakilty Whitepudding.
5. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk with the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix the cooked Clonakilty Whitepudding and mushrooms in the egg mixture to coat. This will ensure that the ingredients are evenly dispersed through your frittata.
7. Place the frittata mixture into the same 20cm pan and with a spatula move the mixture away from the bottom until it starts to set. Transfer to the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes to cook through.
8. Run a spatula around the sides to ensure your frittata will turn out.
9. Slice the frittata into portions and serve with a mixed green salad for a perfect lunch or brunch.