A tasty Spring / Summer Dish great for the BBQ season and best of all they are so easy to make that all the family can help.
- Soak the Skewers in cold water for at least 35 mins, the longer the better (this will stop the Skewers from burning).
- Turn the oven to 200c gas mark 6 or if we have the weather for it fire up the BBQ.
- Cut the sausages up into 1.5cm discs and the black and white pudding into similar sized pieces.
- This part is the fun part, assembly. Take your Sausage and pudding discs along with the mushrooms and the cherry tomatoes (it is important to point out you can add whatever you like to these kebabs but for this recipe we have stuck to the confines of the Irish breakfast ingredients) and start skewering now it is up to you how you arrange the skewers but the best results come when you interchange the order of ingredients on the skewers.
- Now for the Bacon there are two ways to do this you can either fold the bacon up into a concertina and add with the rest of the ingredients in the previous step, or you can try something a little different if you skewer the bacon at the end of the kebab and then wrap the bacon round the rest of the kebab and simply tuck the other end in between the bottom two ingredients this is a bit tricky at first.
- With the Kebabs assembled all there is to do know is brush each one with a little oil and either place on a tray in your oven or onto the BBQ. Cook for around 20 – 25 mins but times will vary depending on oven or BBQ so it’s better to use your own judgment.
8 Clonakilty Sausages
1 Pack of Cherry Tomatoes
1 Pack of Button Mushrooms
1 Clonakilty Blackpudding
1 Clonakilty Whitepudding
8 Rashers of Clonakilty Smoked Bacon
Oil For Brushing
8 Wooden kebab Skewers