If you love a fry up and you love salad, then this is the breakfast for you! Putting a modern twist on your traditional weekend fry up, this tasty and satisfying salad is packed full of flavour. Why not show off and invite your friends over to enjoy this fabulous breakfast dish together.
- 4 slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 4 rashers of Clonakilty Dry Cured Bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 tin of white cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bag of mixed baby leaves
- 2 eggs (poached)
For the salad dressing:
- 4½ tbsp Donegal rapeseed oil
- 5 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
Irish potato cakes to serve
1. In a hot oiled pan, fry the pudding and bacon until evenly cooked and crispy.
2. Pop in the tomatoes and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk up the salad dressing in a small bowl and emulsify all the ingredients to make a nice sweet dressing.
4. Grab a bowl and pop the baby leaves in. Toss in the dressing. Then add the cooked bacon, chop up the Clonakilty Blackpudding and add to mix.
5. Now pour in the beans, give it all a nice swirl and divide onto two plates.
6. Next, poach the eggs. While poaching the eggs, fry the potato cakes in the same pan you used to fry the bacon and pudding.
7. Gently place the poached eggs on top of the salad and arrange the potato cakes around the plate.
Recipe taken from The Surf Café Cookbook.