This ideal midweek meal is a total joy. Clonakilty Butcher Style Sausages are fabulous on their own but are even better when served with Clonakilty Blackpudding and leek potato cakes. Kids love it. Adults love it. Just wait for all the compliments to start rolling in!
- 900g potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 2 leeks (washed and finely diced)
- 100g Clonakilty Blackpudding (cut into small cubes)
- 25g butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 100g flour
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 400g Clonakilty Butcher Style Sausages
- Oil for frying
- Watercress to garnish
1. Peel the potatoes, place into a pan, cover with water, and season with salt. Boil for about 15 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan cook the diced leeks and Clonakilty Blackpudding in the butter.
3. Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato ricer directly into the pan with the leek and Blackpudding. Mix well and season if required.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 equal amounts and shape into ‘fishcake’ sized rounds. Pat down with a palette knife so they are even all over. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
5. Place the beaten egg, flour and breadcrumbs on three separate plates.
6. Dip each potato cake in the flour first, then the eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
7. Shallow fry the cakes in a little oil and then keep warm.
8. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and gently pan cook the sausages until golden brown.
9. Serve the sausages with gravy, potato cakes and a little sprig of watercress to finish.