Toad in the hole is a traditional family meal that is extra scrumptious when made with Clonakilty Ispíní Sausages and Clonakilty Slisíní Rashers. This meal can be prepared in a few quick steps so be sure to give this British classic a try with a good home made onion gravy.
- 200g Clonakilty Slisíní Rashers
- 227g Clonakilty Ispíní Sausages
- 2 free range eggs
- 125g cream flour
- 150ml milk
- 100ml cold water
- 2 red onions
1. Preheat oven to 220C/Gas mark 6-7.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat in flour until free of lumps.
4. Add milk and water and keep whisking until free of lumps. Allow mix to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Slice rashers in half lengthways and remove skin from the sausages. Then wrap the bacon around each sausage.
6. Cut the onions into quarter wedges.
7. Grease an oven proof dish with oil or butter and place in oven to heat.
8. Once oil/butter is sizzling add egg mix and then place sausages wrapped in bacon and onions into the mixture.
9. Return to the oven for 40 to 50 minutes until the mix is golden brown. Avoid opening the door of the oven as this will affect the rise in your batter.
10. Divide dish into four servings and remove with fish slice to a warmed plate.