Who doesn’t love a good banger and mash? Well we have the perfect sausage to enhance this dinner time favourite. Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages bring the best of Clonakilty together, combining the traditional flavour of our Clonakilty Sausages with the unmistakable texture and flavour of our famous Clonakilty Blackpudding. This succulent dinner time sausage can be cooked on the grill or in the frying pan, just add some gourmet mashed potato and red onion gravy for a quick and tasty meal that tastes like more!
For the mash:
- 6 Rooster Potatoes
- 3oz butter
- Salt and pepper
- Cubes of Clonakilty roasted bacon or strips of Clonakilty streaky rashers (may be added to the mash for extra flavour)
For the red onion gravy:
- 1 red onion
- 2oz butter
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1 beef cube
- 250ml water
- 2 tsps redcurrant jelly (optional)
- Dash of soya sauce
1. Cut and dice the red onion and sweat in butter.
2. Add 1tbsp plain flour.
3. Add the crushed beef cube in 250ml water.
4. Add 2tsps redcurrant jelly (optional).
5. Simmer until jelly is melted and sauce is thickened.
6. Add a dash of dark soya sauce.