This classic Irish dish should be in everyone’s repertoire.
The Clonakilty Smoked Bacon is perfect for this dish, adding another depth of flavour to this classic combination.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint in a roasting pan and cover with tinfoil and place in to the preheated oven.
- Cook the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint for 45minutes with the tinfoil on and then for an extra thirty minutes without.
*Allow 30minutes per 500g of bacon plus an extra 30minutes. Always check the cooking to ensure fully cooked. Allow to rest out of the oven before carving.
- Finely shred/ slice the Savoy cabbage.
- Place a large wok on a medium to high heat and add a little oil to coat the pan.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the pan and stir-fry until slightly wilted but that it is still a vibrant green. Season to taste.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer the cabbage in the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- Carve the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon joint into thick slices and arrange on a large plate over the stir-fried cabbage.
- Serve with steamed baby potatoes.
1 750g Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint
1 Large head of Savoy Cabbage
500ml Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper