If you’re looking for a tasty and satisfying salad, look no further. Light and nutritious, this lunch time salad is still substantial enough to get you through the day. A little bacon adds a great depth of flavour to any meal but why not take your salad experience to new heights with a scattering of Clonakilty Blackpudding.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 175g Clonakilty Blackpudding (cut into 1cm slices)
- 4 Clonakilty Rashers (cut into strips)
- 175g mixed salad leaves (such as baby spinach and rocket)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp clear honey
- Crusty bread to serve
1. Heat a frying pan and then add a tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the Clonakilty Blackpudding and cook for 1 minute on each side until tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
2. Add the rashers into the frying pan and sauté for a few minutes until sizzling and lightly golden.
3. Meanwhile, place the salad leaves in a large bowl. Half, stone and chop the avocado. Add to the bowl and season to taste.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan and add to the salad.
5. Pour the vinegar into the pan, turn up the heat and scrape the sediment in the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze until almost all the vinegar has been boiled off.
6. Stir the mustard into the reduced down vinegar with the honey and then whisk in the rest of the olive oil until you have achieved a nice emulsion.
7. Break the Blackpudding up into pieces and scatter over the salad, then drizzle over the dressing. Toss lightly to combine and then arrange on plates to serve.
8. Hand around a basket of crusty bread separately.