Cashew Ricotta & Clonakilty veggie pudding stuffed pasta shells
Serves: 6-8 • Prep Time: 20 mins • Cook Time: 30 mins
Comfort food at its vegan finest. Switch it up in the kitchen and try a meat free Monday with the family. This recipe supplies all the comfort of a homemade cheesy pasta dish …. just without the cheese! Serve this up with some garlic bread and a mixed leaf salad and you’re good to go.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 carrot, diced
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 heaped tsp sugar
400g cashews, soaked in hot water for 1-2 hours
1 lemon, juiced and zested
100ml oat milk or water
4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
3 garlic clove
Handful of basil, sliced
2 tsp dried oregano
1 Clonakilty veggie pudding, crumbled
1. Saute the onions, garlic and carrot off until the onions are translucent.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth.
4. Add in a handful of sliced basil and season to taste.
1.Add everything into a blender besides the basil and blitz until it is smooth. Adjust consistency with more oat milk.
2. Once it is the desired consistency add in chopped basil, crumbled up veggie pudding & season to taste.
1.Cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water so you are able to handle each piece.
2. Grab a deep baking dish and pour half of the tomato sauce into it. This will be the base.
3. Next, stuff each pasta shell using a teaspoon with the cashew ricotta and place them into the tomato sauce facing up. Once the dish is full of filled pasta shells. Add on another layer of tomato sauce.
4. Finish it off by adding a generous amount of shredded vegan cheese on top.
5. Place it into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Serve with garlic bread and a mixed leaf salad.
This delicious recipe was created by Anna Hevers