Chickpea & Clonakilty Veggie Burgers
Serves: 5 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 20 mins
Flavourful chickpea burgers infused with Clonakilty veggie Pudding. A healthy fakeaway if you will! It’s quick, easy and delicious, perfect for lunch or dinner. Serve with some sweet potato fries and salad on the side.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, grated
625g chickpeas – I used 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas and 1 x 225g tin of chickpeas
1 veggie pudding, crumbled
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp garam masala
1 lemon, zested and juiced
150g panko breadcrumbs
25g flat leaf parsley
100g plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cucumber sliced
75ml white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- First prepare the cucumber pickle by combing all of the ingredients listed for it in a bowl and then pop it in the fridge.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, spices and half of the veggie pudding off on a pan over a medium heat with some olive oil. Once the onion is soft, transfer the mixture to a food processor along with half of the chickpeas, half of the juice and zest from the lemon and 25g of panko breadcrumbs. Blitz together until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the fresh herbs, the other half of chickpeas, the other half of the veggie pudding and the remaining lemon juice and zest.
- From the mixture, shape out 5 patties. They will weigh in roughly at about 150g. Place them into the fridge to firm up for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and coat each patty in flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs.
- Seal the burgers off on a pan with some olive oil over a high heat (2 minutes a side) and then place them into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve in burger bun along with pickled cucumber, hummus, chunky homemade wedges and salad.