Clonakilty apple and pudding scones
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Ideal for breakfast or afternoon tea, Clonakilty apple and pudding scones are packed with flavour and are super easy to make. So why not try the scone with a Clonakilty twist? They’re extra delicious when served warm and go great with paprika butter, pesto or apple chutney.
450g self raising flour
10g baking powder
Pinch salt & pepper
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding or Whitepudding
Chopped chives & parsley
2 red apples
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Finely dice the apple and set aside.
3. Dice the pudding and set aside.
4. Place the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Gently rub in the butter.
6. Add in the Clonakilty pudding (Black or White your choice) chives and parsley.
7. Finally add the apple and sufficient milk to make soft dough.
8. Turn onto a floured surface and gently knead.
9. Roll dough out to about 1.5″ / 2″ and cut out scones.
10. Place on tray, brush with egg and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Recipe by Joe Shannon – Executive Head Chef of the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo and Resident Chef on TV3’s Ireland AM.