Clonakilty Blackpudding macaroni cheese
Serves: 6 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
A recipe for all the family, Clonakilty Blackpudding macaroni cheese is loved by kids and adults. This comfort food classic is perfect for a quick and easy weekend dinner or midweek treat. Since we’ve started adding Clonakilty Blackpudding to our macaroni and cheese, we’ve taken treat night to a whole new level!
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
60g unsalted butter
60g plain flour
700ml warm milk
200g grated strong cheddar
50g grated Parmesan
40g grated mozzarella
10g chopped parsley
Handful of toasted breadcrumbs
1. Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Crumble in the Clonakilty Blackpudding, breaking it up between your fingers.
2. Fry until crispy and put aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
3. Boil the macaroni in plenty of salted water for 8-9 minutes, drain and set aside. Add a splash of oil or butter to stop it sticking together.
4. In a nonstick saucepan on a medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour.
5. With a small whisk, cook the flour and butter together for a few minutes until the colour darkens a little.
6. Add the milk, a little by little, and continuously whisk. Do not worry about lumps.
7. Once all the milk is added, continue to whisk until all the lumps are cooked out.
8. Add the grated cheese and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
9. Add the macaroni and season with a little salt.
10. Serve up the macaroni and top each portion with toasted breadcrumbs, parsley and Clonakilty Blackpudding.