Clonakilty Blackpudding Rigatoni
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
With this fresh and vibrant meal, the mid-week family dinner has never been so easy. The tubes of rigatoni hold the sauce, giving you a burst of flavour with every bite. You won’t be able to resist this heavenly Italian dish with a Clonakilty twist! There’s absolutely nothing like it.
280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
200g cherry tomatoes on the vine (roughly chopped)
2 red peppers (roughly chopped)
500ml of passata
100g Kalamata olives (pitted)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper
500g rigatoni pasta
Fresh basil (chopped)
1. Heat some oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Clonakilty Blackpudding and cook for 30 seconds on each side until light golden in colour. Remove the Clonakilty Blackpudding from the pan and reserve.
2. Return the pan to the heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until tender.
3. Add the tomatoes, peppers and olives to the hot pan and toss gently.
4. Add the passata and bring to a gentle simmer for around 10 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and strain the pasta.
6. Add the cooked Clonakilty Blackpudding to the sauce being careful not to break it up too much.
7. Toss the al dente pasta in the sauce and serve with a scattering of fresh chopped basil.