Clonakilty Blackpudding stuffed capsicums
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Clonakilty Blackpudding stuffed capsicums are quick, easy and undeniably delicious. Not only is this dish bursting with delectable flavours, but it is also incredibly versatile. Why not play around with the ingredients and try sprinkling breadcrumbs on top before serving to add an extra bit of texture to the dish?
3 sweet pointed capsicums (halved) or regular capsicums (top cut off)
150g Clonakilty Blackpudding (chopped roughly)
2 tbsp pine nuts
3 tbsp goat’s cheese
150g butternut squash/pumpkin (diced)
Salt & pepper
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 sprig rosemary (finely chopped)
½ red onion (diced)
4 tbsp olive oil
Chopped parsley (to garnish)
1. Dry fry Clonakilty Blackpudding, squash, onion, garlic, seasoning and rosemary for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the pine nuts.
2. Drizzle the peppers in oil and season.
3. Place the black pudding mix into the peppers and arrange on a baking tray.
4. Cover lightly in foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 170°C (cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer if using regular capsicums). Then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes at 200°C.
5. Spoon goat’s cheese on top and sprinkle with parsley.
A massive thanks to Gavin Sutherland for this delicious recipe.