Clonakilty Vegan Larb Salad
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Travel using your taste buds with this vegan larb salad! This dish is popular in Thailand and is very easy to adapt as there are many variations of Larb. It can be made with pork, fish, chicken, duck, buffalo or beef. This recipe uses Clonakilty Veggie Pudding.
Baby gem salad
100g Clonakilty veggie pudding
3 spring onions sliced.
1 carrot use a peeler to cut into ribbons.
¼ cucumber, use a peeler to cut into ribbons.
1 red chilli
1 clove of garlic chopped.
1 tsp fresh ginger chopped.
8 slices Water chestnuts chopped small.
12 leaves of fresh mint
12 leaves of fresh coriander
1 small shallot chopped.
2 tbsp crushed roasted Cashew nuts
I tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp olive oil
½tsp sesame oil
Juice of ½ lime
1 tsp caster sugar
- Prepare all of your vegetables.
- Crumble the pudding into chunks using your hands.
- Toast the nuts in the oven at 180 for 6 minutes, then cool and crush.
- Mix your dressing ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive or veg oil and cook the crumbled pudding for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the diced shallot, garlic, ginger and cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the chopped water chestnuts and mix. You can add a splash more oil if needed.
- Add the sesame oil, soya sauce and season with a pinch of salt.
- Assemble your salad in layers, sprinkle over the dressing and top with the warm veggie pudding mix.