Clonakilty Veggie Breakfast
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
A full Clonakilty Veggie Breakfast is here! Enjoy this veggie breakfast bursting with new flavours. The perfect addition to our veggie range, our new veggie sausages are here to join our veggie pudding, the perfect pair!
250 grams baby potatoes, cut into cubes
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 packet of Clonakilty Veggie Sausages
1 Clonakilty Veggie Pudding, sliced
2 large vine tomatoes, cut in half
200 grams chestnut mushrooms, quartered
200 grams baby spinach
1 avocado,peeled, destoned and thinly sliced
Black pepper and salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the chopped potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the red onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Remove the onion from the pan, placing in a small bowl until needed then add the drained potatoes and a further 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook, stirring often, until crispy – which should take about 20 minutes.
- Place a second frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the Clonakilty Veggie Sausages and sliced tomato and cook, turning, until the sausages are golden brown and cooked throughout and the tomato is softened – about 10 minutes. Add the Clonakilty Veggie Pudding for the last 3 minutes of cooking – remembering to flip half way to make sure both sides are crisp.
- Place the final 1 tablespoon olive oil into a pan and add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, season and add the spinach, cooking for 2 – 3 minutes until wilted.
- Sprinkle the reserved red onions over the potatoes to warm through then plate everything up on to warmed plates. Add the avocado and serve with your favourite breakfast sauce.