Clonakilty Veggie Pudding Potstickers
Serves: Makes 12-15 Dumplings • Prep Time: 5 mins • Cook Time: 5 mins
Delicious meat substituted potstickers or dumplings, full of flavour and a beautiful texture. Don’t be nervous to try these they are extremely simple to make and don’t take long, they are the perfect lunch time treat! Potstockers are totally customisable so get creative and have some fun. Serve with some soy sauce or try out the dipping sauce recipe provided.
Makes 12 to 15 dumplings
Gyoza dumpling wrappers or potsticker wrappers (available in most Asian supermarkets, double check that they are vegan)
100g Clonakilty veggie pudding
30g finely shredded green cabbage, Pak choy or Cavolo Nero
3 spring onions sliced finely
2tbsp chopped chives
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soya
Salt to taste
2tbsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp pickled ginger liquid
Optional chilli oil
Spring onion sliced
- Crumble the veggie pudding using your hands.
- Chop the cabbage, ginger, spring onion, garlic, chilli, chives and ginger as small as possible.
- Mix all of the ingredients by hand and season with a pinch of salt. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Keep your gyoza wrappers covered with a damp cloth while you work.
- Try to mould the filling into little ball shapes and fill each wrapper with a teaspoon of filling.
- Use a little cold water to help to seal the wrapper.
- Heat some veg or groundnut oil in a pan and brown the dumplings on each side for 90 seconds.
- Pour a splash of water into the pan and allow the dumplings to absorb some of the water to steam them a little, approx. 60 seconds. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce simply mix the ingredients and serve.
These Asian delights were created by Chef Aoife Barker