Clonakilty Veggie Pudding Scotch Eggs
Serves: Makes 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 3 minutes
Try something new with this twist on a classic scotch egg using our Veggie Pudding. Perfect for a light summer lunch, a great snack for on the go or tasty addition to your lunch box!
1 Clonakilty Veggie Pudding
4 soft boiled medium eggs(3-4minutes), shell carefully removed.
100ml Milk + 1 egg.
- Preheat a deep fat fryer to 170’C
- Crumble the Clonakilty Veggie pudding into a bowl and add 1-2tsp of milk to it to soften and bind it.
- Once your Veggie pudding farce is the desired consistency(not too wet but not dry) roll out flat between 2 sheets of parchment and carefully encase each egg in a thin layer of the farce ensuring no gaps around the egg. Chill for 10minutes.
- Next prepare an egg wash by whisking 1 egg into the 100ml of milk. Now set up your breading station with the following in separate dishes : 100g flour, egg wash, 200g breadcrumb.
- Remove your encased eggs from the fridge and breadcrumb them by first coating them in the flour, then the egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Once you are happy with the coating on your eggs deep fry them for 3 minutes @170’C until golden and hot throughout. Slice cut in half and season taste, serve with tomato relish or a nice pickled garden veg.
Thanks to Eoin Lennoon (@travelling_whites on Instagram) for this delicious recipe