Crispy filo, feta and Clonakilty Blackpudding tart
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Nothing less than savoury perfection, the crispy filo, feta and Clonakilty Blackpudding tart is delicious, light and is guaranteed to please. The sharp taste of the feta cheese and the unique flavour of the Clonakilty Blackpudding combined with the filo pastry crunch delivers ultimate satisfaction every time it’s served.
2 tbsp olive oil
3 sheets of filo pastry (if frozen, be sure to defrost overnight)
80g feta cheese
100g Clonakilty Blackpudding
Few sprigs of thyme
50g broccoli (broken into florets & stalks)
1/2 red onion (sliced)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Brush an 8-inch tin with oil (either round or square).
3. Crumble the Clonakilty Blackpudding into a frying pan, place on a medium heat and stir, allowing it to heat through and crisp up a little.
4. Stir in the thyme and remove from the heat.
5. Uncover the filo pastry and cut in half to make 6 sheets (make sure to keep it covered with a damp towel or in its own packaging until you’re ready to use it).
6. Place the first sheet into the greased tin, gently pressing into the corners and allowing it to hang over the edges a little (don’t worry if the sheets rip a little when lining the tin as you can cover this with another layer of filo pastry).
7. Brush the pastry with olive oil and place the next sheet across the first one in a different direction.
8. Brush with oil and repeat until each sheet of pastry crosses the previous one and you can’t see the tin.
9. Fill your tart with broccoli, Clonakilty Blackpudding, feta and red onion.
10. Whisk the eggs together with sea salt and black pepper and pour the mixture into the tart.
11. Scrunch up the edges of the pastry a little for texture and then place the tart into the preheated oven.
12. Cook for 15 minutes or until the egg is just set.
13. Eat straight away or allow to cool. Serve with a leafy salad and zesty lemon dressing.
A huge thank you to Savage Food Co. for this delicious recipe.