Dark Chocolate and Chilli Truffles with a Clonakilty Blackpudding Crumb
Serves: • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Spice things up on Valentine’s Day with these Chilli Chocolate truffles sprinkled with a Clonakilty Blackpudding crumb. The heat from the chilli works wonderfully with the dark chocolate and paired with our delicious Blackpudding it’s an explosion of flavour sure to bring fireworks to your Valentines Day!
2 pieces of Clonakilty Blackpudding cut into discs (Approx. 2cm each)
200g high quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
120ml heavy or thickened cream
40g cocoa powder
1tsp chilli powder
- Chop the dark chocolate into fine pieces and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add cream and place on a medium heat. It should be warm, but not boiling.
- Immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate and add the chilli powder before covering and leaving to sit for 3 – 5 minutes. Then, whisk the chocolate ganache until smooth.
- Transfer the chocolate ganache to a small bowl, cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- While the ganache sets, cook the pieces of Clonakilty Blackpudding in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Then, finish them off on the grill for 2 minutes to achieve a crispy outer layer.
- Sift cocoa powder into a separate bowl.
- Once the ganache has become firm, use a soup spoon to spoon it out and roll it into a smooth ball using your hands.
- Drop the truffle into the cocoa powder and roll it around until it is completely coated.
- Crumble the Clonakilty Blackpudding, first using your hands and then a fork, to make a fine crumble.
- Sprinkle the black pudding crumb over the truffle and set on a plate.
- Repeat until all the truffles are done.
- Keep chilled in the fridge and enjoy on Valentine’s Day!
Recipe created by Jelena Fairweather