Fully Loaded Veggie Hot Dogs with Sweet Potato Fries
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
Our fully loaded veggie hot dogs are sure to be a crowd pleaser. These delicious veggie hot dogs are made with the NEW Clonakilty veggie sausages and served with a pickled salsa and crispy sweet potato fries.
4 hot dog buns, warmed
1 pack Clonakilty Veggie sausages
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp pickled gherkins, finely diced
2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp red pepper, finely diced
2 tbsp pickle vinegar from the jar
Hot sauce, a few drops or as hot as you like!
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long chips
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven or airfryer to 200C.
- Cut the sweet potato into long chips and DON’T add any oil, this is key, dust the chips with paprika, salt and pepper then place on your tray or airfryer basket and cook for 15 mins till golden, shaking halfway through.
- Mix the mayo with the mustard and set aside.
- Mix the pickle salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Fry the Clonakilty Veggie sausages for 4-6 mins till golden.
- Spread the mayo and ketchup into the warmed buns. Add the sausages and serve with the salsa and sweet potato fries.
Thank you to Lilly Higgins for creating this simply delicious recipe! Find her at @lilly_higgins_ on instagram.