Smoked bacon mussels with Clonakilty Black and Whitepudding crumb
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
This impressive Irish dish will take you on a journey from the beautiful seas of Ireland to the delightful town of Clonakilty in West Cork. It’s simply amazing what adding some of the Clonakilty products can do to a dish! This recipe is a must try!
Mussels (ask your fish monger for 2 servings)
4 Clonakilty Oak Smoked Rashers (sliced)
1/2 pint of cider
1 large onion (diced)
140g of Clonakilty Blackpudding
140g of Clonakilty Whitepudding
Knob of butter
Chopped dill & coriander to garnish
1. Crumble Clonakilty Black and Whitepudding into the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and add a small amount of melted butter to combine.
2. Heat large pan with a little oil and add the onions and Clonakilty Oak Smoked Rashers. Cook until bacon is golden brown.
3. Add mussels and pour over with cider.
4. Place a lid over pan and cook until mussels are fully open.
5. Place mussels into a deep dish and top with the breadcrumb mix. Place under grill until golden.
6. Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped dill and coriander to serve.
Thanks to Chef Andy Illsley for this recipe.