Smokey Beans & Greens with Clonakilty Veggie Pudding (Vegan)
Serves: 1 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 20 minutes
This healthy but delicious meal is 100% vegan and a great start to the day. Its tasty and easy with simple ingredients just like our Veggie Pudding which is made from Oats, onions, carrots, black beans and a signature spice mix, gluten free and suitable for Vegetarians and vegans alike. You can add a range of other toppings on this recipe too including an egg if you’re not vegan!
Clonakilty veggie pudding, a few slices
1 tin of cannellini, butter or borlotti beans
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion finely diced
2 garlic cloves finely diced
Few handfuls of Cavolo Nero, baby spinach or kale
1 tsp fresh Thyme
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
- Chop the onions and garlic nice and small.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a small drop of oil until softened.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and reduce to a low heat.
- Add your smoked paprika, chilli and chopped thyme.
- Allow the tomatoes to cook for 12-15 minutes until reduced and thickened a little.
- Add the sugar and salt and season to taste.
- Once the sauce is ready, rinse the bins under cold water and add to your sauce.
- Add your greens and mix until softened, approx. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fry the slices of Clonakilty vegetarian pudding.
- Grill some sourdough toast, top with the beans and the cooked pudding and serve
Recipe thanks to Chef Aoife Barker