Clonakilty Blackpudding Breakfast Pancakes
Serves: Serves 4 • Prep Time: 15 mins • Cook Time: 35 mins
175g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 medium eggs
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
A little vegetable oil for frying
1. Place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Crack in the eggs and add the milk, then use a whisk to beat together until the mixture is thick and smooth. Leave to stand for 5 mins.
2. Remove outer plastic from the blackpudding and roughly chop it on a board.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add a little oil and swirl around the pan. Add a ladle of batter and let it spread to a diameter of about 16cm. Now sprinkle quarter of the chopped blackpudding in the centre of the pancake leaving a 1cm border clear.
4. Carefully pour a little more pancake batter over the blackpudding, so that it becomes covered and sealed in.
5. Cook for a few minutes until the base is golden, then carefully turn the pancake over and cook for a few more minutes until the base is golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, whilst you repeat with the remaining batter and blackpudding.
6. Serve topped with a fried egg and a little salad.