Clonakilty Blackpudding Croquettes with Chipotle Ketchup
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: Ketchup - 1 Hour Croquettes - 15 mins
The perfect canapé for hosting. The chipotle ketchup complements the flavour of these crispy croquettes perfectly.
250g Clonakilty Blackpudding
50g flour, seasoned with salt
100g uncooked outmeal
1 free-range egg
2x 400g tinned tomatoes
5 chipotles en adobo
1 red onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
50ml cider vinegar
50g dark brown sugar
- First make your ketchup. Sauté the red onion in some light oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the garlic for a minute further before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook over a low heat for up to an hour, longer if you have it, as tomato based dishes always benefit from a low slow cook. Taste and season.
- Blend and ;eave to the side.
- Cut the blackpudding into 2cm thick slices. Roll the blackpudding slices in the seasonal flour, then in egg and then finally in oatmeal.
- Repeat a second time if the slices are not completely covered.
- Fry the slices – deep frying is best – until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and serve on a bed of hot or cold chipotle ketchup.