Clonakilty Blackpudding, eggs and spinach on rye
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Bursting with flavour, this fabulous lunch time treat is packed with iron and protein and is nothing less than perfect! Extremely simple and delicious, the array of flavours in this dish complement the nice crust and hearty, malty flavour of the dark rye bread. It’s a must try!
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large flat mushrooms (thinly sliced)
4 medium eggs
2 large slices dark rye bread
30g baby spinach leaves
25g dry coleslaw mix (or other salad)
25g feta cheese (crumbled)
12 pitted olives
Snipped fresh chives to serve
1. Slice the Clonakilty Blackpudding into 2cm thick pieces.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the black pudding and cook for 4 minutes on both sides. Remove from the pan with a spatula and keep warm.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan, season well with salt and pepper and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until just soft. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the remaining oil to the hot pan and carefully crack in the eggs.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes until the base has set, then carefully turn the eggs and cook on the other side for a further minute or two.
6. Place the rye bread on two plates and top with a few spinach leaves.
7. Place the eggs on top, followed by more spinach and then the dry coleslaw mix.
8. Top with the slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding, the feta cheese and the chives.
9. Divide the fried mushrooms and olives between the two plates and serve.