Clonakilty Blackpudding Creamy Red Pepper Pasta
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 40 minutes
A hearty dish perfect for the Autumn and Winter months. This Blackpudding sausage pasta is a great meal for all the family to enjoy as a weekday treat!
2 Red Peppers
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 onion (chopped finely)
100ml single cream
300g Pasta of your choice
6 Clonakilty Blackpudding Sausages
Small handful of Rocket
Oil for frying
Squeeze of lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oven to 180°c. Place the peppers on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and cook 40 minutes until the peppers are soft and fully cooked. (they should look like they have collapsed)
2. Heat a pan and add some oil, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
3. Place the peppers in a small plastic bag and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Remove the skin and pips from the peppers and slice them in halves. Add one and a half of the peppers into a blender( reserve half a pepper and slice it into thin strips. Add 100ml cream, the cooked onions and garlic, blitz until smooth and season to taste.
4. Cook the pasta as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Heat up the pan you cooked the onions and garlic in and add a little oil, add the sausages and cook until golden brown on all over. Remove the sausages from the pan, resting on a plate with kitchen paper. Slice the sausages into rounds.
6. Add the cooked pasta back into the pan, add in the creamy pepper sauce, thin pepper slices and the sausage slices, mix well until it’s all combined. Add in the handful of rocket