Clonakilty Blackpudding Savoury Muffins
Serves: 6 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
These Clonakilty Blackpudding, mature cheddar and apple savory muffins are perfect served with warm butter for lunch alongside some homemade soup.
80g Clonakilty Blackpudding
40ml melted unsated Butter
1 Large egg
200g Self-raising flour
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
50g Mature Cheddar Cheese
- In a bowl mix together the buttermilk, melted butter and egg using fork.
- In a separate bowl mix in the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet an dry ingredients together gently, using a fork. Do not over mix.
- Chop the Clonakilty Blackpudding. Grate the cheddar cheese and chop the apple into chunks.
- Fold these gently into the batter but leave some blackpudding and cheese for some decoration.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Add the mixture directly into the muffin tin. Fill to the top.
- Decorate the top of the muffin with the blackpudding and cheese
- Oven bake on 200/180 C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool slightly befor removing them from the tin.