Clonakilty Veggie Sausage Burrito
Serves: Serves 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 30 mins
Make these delicious Veggie burritos using Clonakilty Veggie sausages for a simple midweek supper. A fun recipe to make with friends or family for a Mexican night, add your own secret ingredients as you please. This veggie filling is also great stuffed into a crispy taco shell. A recipe packed full of flavours and nutrients!
2 large flour tortillas
4 Clonakilty veggie sausages
¼ can Black beans (50g)
¼ can of chopped tomatoes (50g)
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 small brown onion diced
1 tsp Cumin
½ tsp Chili flakes
½ tsp Smoked paprika
Oil for cooking the sausages
2 tbsp Guacamole
2 eggs Scrambled
Couple very thin slices red onion
100g Grated cheese
- Heat a pan and add some oil, fry sausages for6 minutes on all sides until golden, remove the sausages from the pan and set aside.
- To a pan add the chopped onions and cook for a couple of minutes until softened, add in the chopped tomatoes, garlic, cumin, chilli flakes, paprika and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the drained black beans, stir, and cook for another 4 minutes until thoroughly heated. Chop your cooked sausages and add them to the tomato and bean mix, stirring, remaining on a gentle heat.
- Gather all your filling ingredients. Sprinkle a little water on the tortilla with your hand and warm it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help it stretch. Place the tortilla on a board and arrange the fillings in a line down the centre starting with the egg, then bean, tomato and sausage mix, cheese and all the rest of the ingredients.
- Don’t overstuff the burrito as it will tear. Fold the sides inwards, over the filling. Roll the burrito away from you over the filling, tucking as you roll.
- Continue rolling until your burrito is seam side down cut it in the middle and serve with salsa.
- You can use all the same ingredients served in a taco shell.
- You can substitute cooked rice for the beans or you can use both.
- You can add more spice if you like.
- You can use sour cream if you like.
- You can ditch the wrap and serve it as a burrito bowl.
- If you are serving to kids or people who don’t like spice don’t add the chilli to the sausage, tomato and bean mix
- Soak the red onions in a squeeze of lime and it will give them a quick pickle and enhance the colour.
Thanks to the talented Jenneifer Opperman for creating this yummy recipe.