Serves: 2 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Why not try this Spanish dish with an Irish twist. This brunch of Clonakilty Whitepudding, chorizo, bacon, and bread is pan fried with soft baked eggs. The fabulous mix of flavours from the grapes and the chorizo creates a mouth-watering breakfast you simply have to try.
2-3 tbsp olive oil
100g Clonakilty Whitepudding
100g stale bread (cut into small chunks)
4 cloves of garlic
2 tsp picante or dulce pimeton
Handful of red or green grapes
1 tbsp of chopped parsley
1. Heat up a grill.
2. Fry the chorizo and bacon in a pan until the bacon is crispy and the chorizo fat has melted out.
3. Add in the olive oil, garlic, pimento, and the Clonakilty Whitepudding. Then add bread and fry until the bread is coated in oil and starts to crisp.
4. Add in the grapes and make 2 wells in the pan. Crack the eggs into the wells, and drizzle the eggs with a little oil and a good grind of black pepper.
5. Place the pan under the hot grill until the whites of the eggs are cooked.
6. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
7. Serve hot with extra bread to mop up the juices.
Thanks to Seasoned Cookery School for this amazing recipe!