Clonakilty Blackpudding Tostadas
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Oh so quick, easy and flavoursome, Clonakilty Blackpudding Tostadas! These tostadas are made with a crispy tortilla topped with Clonakilty Blakpudding, a colourful mango salsa and sour cream. A Mexican classic. Enjoy them as a tasty appetizer or double them up for a delicious main course.
2 soft flour tortillas
1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
8 leaves of little gem lettuce, finely shredded
280g Clonakilty Blackpudding, cut into 8 slices
2-3 tablespoons of sour cream
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
Zest and juice of ½ lime
- Combine the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl, stir well and refrigerate until needed.
- Lightly brush the tortillas with oil on both sides.
- Using a large scone cutter, stamp out 4 circles from each tortilla and place on a foil lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180c/gas 4 for 5 minutes then turn oven and bake another 5 minutes until crisp and golden. Cool on a baking rack.
- Cook the blackpudding as directed. to assemble, top the tostadas with the shredded lettuce. Add a spoonful of mango salsa followed by the black pudding. top with a drizzle of sour cream and serve immediately.