Mini Clonakilty Toad in the hole
Serves: 12 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
Celebrating the launch of our two NEW frozen products, Clonakilty Blackpudding Bites and Clonakilty Cocktail Sausages and the perfect recipe for all the family.
Muffin tin 12 wells
12 cocktail sausages or 12 blackpudding bites
3 large eggs
150g plain flour
Pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, eggs, milk and salt to form a smooth batter. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Heat oven to 220 c fan
- Put a table spoon of oil in each muffin tin well and place the tray the oven.
- When the oil is hot and smoking carefully take the muffin tin out, pour in the batter into the wells about two thirds in each, dividing it equally. Working as quick as you can.
- Pace a sausage or a mini bite into each batter and turn the muffin tray to the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 18 min until the toads have puffed up and are golden. Try not to open the oven for the first 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool serve warm with relish.