Clonakilty Whitepudding puff pastry Breakfast Tart
Serves: 12 • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 30 minutes
Switch up your usual breakfast (or brunch) with this delicious, golden gooey egg, fresh veg and Clonakilty Whiteoudding puff pastry breakfast tart!
1x Clonakilty Whitepudding
2x ready rolled puff pastry
½ beef tomato, inside scooped and chopped finely
1 yellow pepper, chopped finely
1 orange pepper (or half of each), chopped finely
1 handful of spinach, chopped finely
1 handful shredded cheddar cheese
Salt, pepper and olive oil
Optional: spring onion as garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c fan.
- Unroll your puff pastry and cut into 6 (each puff pastry roll can be cut into 6), you will need 1 oven tray per 6 tarts. Score each one with a square, making a frame. Don’t cut all the way through. Pop in the oven for 12 mins.
- In the meantime, break up your Clonakilty Whitepudding in a pan and fry for 3 mins on a medium heat with a dash of olive oil. Set to the side.
- When puff pastry is ready, remove and press down the middle of each tart. Lower the oven heat to 125c fan.
- Crack an egg into each one of the tarts.
- Top with your cooked Clonakilty Whitepudding, chopped veggies and shredded cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven for 16-22 minutes depending on how you like your yolk cooked.
A huge thank you to Gemma of @gemtakesfoodpics for creating this simple and delicious recipe. Check out her instagram page for more tasty inspiration.