Parsnip soup with Clonakilty Blackpudding
Serves: 6 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
A hearty dish perfect for the Autumn and Winter months. This parsnip soup is the perfect dish served as a starter or main topped with Clonakilty Blackpudding crumb and parsley oil.
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
600g of parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 litre of hot vegetable stock
Salt and black pepper
6 slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding (approx. 200g)
- Heat the butter and oil in a pot and add the onions. Cook gently until the onions are soft then add the parsnips.
- Cook for another couple of minutes then pour in the hot stock. Season with a little salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the parsnips are quite soft.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup then add the milk. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- In a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat, pan fry the Clonakilty Blackpudding 2 minutes each side, then set aside to cool. This is ready to crumble over the dish when serving.
- In mortar and pestle, blend the parsley and olive oil thoroughly to achieve a bright green oil ready for serving.