Clonakilty Veggie Sausage Sandwich
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 25 mins • Cook Time:
The classic sausage sambo with a veggie twist! Clonakilty Veggie Sausages and guacamole make for a simply delicious combination. Quick and easy recipe, sure to satisfy.
250 grams baby potatoes, cut into cubes
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 packet of Clonakilty Veggie Sausages
1 Clonakilty Veggie Pudding, sliced
2 large vine tomatoes, cut in half
200 grams chestnut mushrooms, quartered
200 grams baby spinach
1 avocado,peeled, destoned and thinly sliced
Black pepper and salt
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the Clonakilty Veggie Sausages and cook, until browned and piping hot throughout – about 10 minutes.
- Whilst the sausages cook, peel and de-stone the avocado and place the flesh into a small bowl. Add the chopped coriander, chopped spring onions, lime juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper and mash everything together until you have a chunky guacamole.
- Add the Clonakilty Veggie Pudding to the pan with the sausages for the last 3 minutes of cooking – making sure to flip half way through to crisp both sides.
- Toast your bread and spread 2 slices with the guacamole. Place a few slices of tomato on top and season with salt and pepper. Top with the cooked Clonakilty Veggie Pudding and Sausages and then place a second slice of bread on top of each sandwich. Slice in half and enjoy!