Clonakilty Veggie Sausage Sandwich
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 25 mins • Cook Time:
The classic sausage sambo with a veggie twist! Clonakilty Veggie Sausages and guacamole make for a simply delicious combination. Quick and easy recipe, sure to satisfy.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 Clonakilty Veggie Sausages
4 thin slices Clonakilty Veggie Pudding
Handful of coriander, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Juice of ½ a lime
1 vine tomato, thinly sliced
4 slices of sourdough bread
Black pepper and salt
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the Clonakilty Veggie Sausages and cook, until browned and piping hot throughout – about 10 minutes.
- Whilst the sausages cook, peel and de-stone the avocado and place the flesh into a small bowl. Add the chopped coriander, chopped spring onions, lime juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper and mash everything together until you have a chunky guacamole.
- Add the Clonakilty Veggie Pudding to the pan with the sausages for the last 3 minutes of cooking – making sure to flip half way through to crisp both sides.
- Toast your bread and spread 2 slices with the guacamole. Place a few slices of tomato on top and season with salt and pepper. Top with the cooked Clonakilty Veggie Pudding and Sausages and then place a second slice of bread on top of each sandwich. Slice in half and enjoy!